CTA FREEDOM HEALTH OFFICE
We love our Freedom Falcons and want to keep them as healthy as possible!
Below are a few reminders regarding when to keep your child home from school.
We thank you in advance for assisting us in keeping Freedom a healthy and happy place to learn!
In the event your child must miss school, please call
our 24 hour Attendance Hotline at 224-2603 to report their absence.
Every year, a number of students become ill because of exposure to other ill children in the classroom. To help you make decisions about whether or not to send your child to school, we have put together a list of indicators to help you to decide. A child should not be in school and will be sent home if the following condition(s) are present:
1. Fever over 100 degrees. A child should be fever-free for 24 hours (without medication) before returning to school.
2. Persistent cough.
3. Sore throat with fever and/or white spots on the throat.
4. Rash with fever illness, such as chicken pox, measles, etc.
5. Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. A child should be free from symptoms for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
6. Red, itchy, and draining eyes-if conjunctivitis or 'pink eye' is diagnosed, the child must be on medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
7. Prolonged headache and stomachache.
8. Swelling or pain at a level that may interfere with learning.
11. Head lice-a child must remain at home until treated with medicated lice shampoo and all the nits are removed. Please notify the health office.
Feel free to contact the school health office with any questions.
(480) 224-2602 office
(480)224-2620 secure fax