New 7-12 Secondary High School
Boundary Options Approved by Governing Board
On November 19, 2014, the CUSD Governing Board approved the previously recommended boundary options for the new 7-12 Secondary High School. The board approved option J3 for Junior High and option H4 for High School. The new junior high and high school boundary maps are as follows:
Administration Boundary Recommendation to CUSD Governing Board:
The opening of the New 7-12 Secondary High School located on Power and Riggs Roads requires that the Governing Board approve new attendance boundaries for the 2015-2016 school year. The administration presented Junior High School options J1-J4 and High School options H1-H4 during a study session on August 27, 2014. Information meetings for the purpose of obtaining parent input were held on September 15, 17, 22 and 23 of 2014.
At this time, the administration is recommending that the Board consider junior high option J3 and high school option H4 as the attendance boundaries for the New 7-12 Secondary High School starting with the 2015-2016 school year. This plan helps us meet our goals which were to:
- Develop school boundaries for the New 7-12 Secondary High School
- Balance projected student enrollment in the southeast area of the district
- Ensure the least amount of disruption for students and families
- Consistent junior high and high school boundaries
- Establish long-term boundary adjustments for Payne Junior High, Basha High, and Perry High
The administration is recommending grid codes Gj, Gk, Gl, Gm, Hk, Hl, Hm, Il, and Im be assigned to the New 7-12 Secondary High School attendance boundaries beginning with the 2015-2016 school year.
- The New 7-12 Secondary High School will open with grades 7-9 in 2015-2016 and add an additional grade level each year.
- All current Basha and Perry High School 9-12 grade students residing in the new boundaries will not change schools. Bussing will continue for these students until the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Current 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students residing in the new boundaries will attend the new 7-12 as 7th, 8th, and 9th graders respectively in 2015-2016.
- Dual boundary transportation will be provided for one year for current Payne Junior High 7th grade students choosing to continue at Payne in 8th grade.
In order to address the reduction in enrollment at Basha High due to the new 7-12 and balance High School enrollment in the southeast area of the district, the administration is also recommending grid code Ge be assigned to Basha High School attendance boundaries beginning with the 2015-2016 school year.
- Current 8th grade students residing in grid code Ge will attend Basha High School as 9th grade students in 2015-2016.
- Siblings of students currently in grades 9-12 at Basha and Perry High School residing in the new 7-12 Secondary High School boundary (grid codes Gj, Gk, Gl, Gm, Hk, Hl, Hm, Il, and Im) and Ge will have priority open enrollment to the sibling school and transportation will not be provided.